Storage and Backup Engineer
Mapletree Business Center, 1060 Nguyen Van Linh, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam
We are SCC plc (Specialist Computer Centres), Europe’s leading privately owned IT services organisation.
We enable people to do business by planning, supplying, integrating and managing their IT. We make IT work through partnership, knowledge and passion: trusted to run IT infrastructure and services for leading business across Europe for 40 years.
SCC runs IT infrastructure and services for over 2,500 customers in more than 50 countries.
We operate out of 75 locations in the UK, France, Romania and Spain.
2,000 people in 10 major cities including its Birmingham headquarters, London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast make SCC the country’s principal independent IT services provider.
We continue to evolve through organic investment, acquisitive growth and achieving a cultural fit with our customers.
Overall Job Purpose:
- The Storage & Backup Engineer role provides technical support and management of Data Centre Services and its customer’s storage and backup infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot Enterprise storage or backup incidents, problems and issues
- Creating and performing authorized changes to customer environments, attending CABs where necessary
- Experience with Monitoring, Automation and Service provider ticketing toolsets (SCOM, ServiceNow, Remedy, Network monitoring)
- Perform detailed root cause analysis as necessary.
- Demonstrate proper incident management response related to mission critical enterprise storage or backup infrastructure problems
- Provide third/fourth level escalation support within DCS Customer base for Enterprise Storage and Backup Incidents.
- Participate on technology updates and maintaining reliable core infrastructure by ensuring that software & hardware are updated to supported and secure levels
- Adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels
- Working on fixed shift pattern in line with European support working hours (VN14:00 - 22:00 estimated)
- Strong background with Storage and Backup Technologies
- Working knowledge of core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing support to enterprise level clients
- Appropriate certifications or experience in core technology platforms
o 2 or more Storage Technologies
o 2 or more Backup Technologies
o 1 or more SAN Technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a variety of SAN, NAS, and tape technologies:
o HP 3PAR / EVA / MSA Storage Platforms
o IBM SVC / V-Series Storage Platforms
o EMC VNX
o NetApp FAS
o Storage Area Networks (Brocade/Cisco/Qlogic)
o IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM)
o HP Data Protector
o IBM / HP / Quantum Tape Libraries
o Experience administration LINUX, Solaris,Oracle databases, Exadata, ODA,ZFS
o Experience with VMWare (ESX, ESXi, VCenter)
- Ability to troubleshoot as part of a team for complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
- Knowledge of data protection concepts and systems, with the ability to implement those principles
- Understanding of high availability and disaster recovery concepts and methods of action
- Ability to provision Backup, SAN, NAS, DAS, and scale out storage systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot SAN Performance issues
- Review capacity and system performance data, predicting trends and potential issues
- Good English communications skills, both oral and written. Ideally, experience of working for an international company with travel to and from Vietnam
- Customer facing experience as you will be working with technical, process and customer facing documentation
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
- Technical knowledge of MS Directory Services, Exchange, VMWare and core infrastructure technologies, backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers
- ITIL knowledge/accreditation specialising around operational Incident/Problem and change management
(Speaking: Intermediate -
Reading: Intermediate -