General Manager - SCC Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh
Mapletree Business Center, 1060 Nguyen Van Linh, Quận 7, TP Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam
We are SCC plc (Specialist Computer Centres), Europe’s leading privately owned IT services organisation.
We enable people to do business by planning, supplying, integrating and managing their IT. We make IT work through partnership, knowledge and passion: trusted to run IT infrastructure and services for leading business across Europe for 40 years.
SCC runs IT infrastructure and services for over 2,500 customers in more than 50 countries.
We operate out of 75 locations in the UK, France, Romania and Spain.
2,000 people in 10 major cities including its Birmingham headquarters, London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast make SCC the country’s principal independent IT services provider.
We continue to evolve through organic investment, acquisitive growth and achieving a cultural fit with our customers.
- Manage all aspects of the business. Day to day operation of the 24/7 infrastructure support teams and the software development and testing function. Control all aspects of staffing, shift patterns and employee management whilst complying with and adhering to local labor law and group policies
- Recruit and develop staff, software developers, testers and infrastructure support engineers. Act as the key in-country presence for sharing the vision of SCC in Vietnam to recruit exceptional staff
- Deliver excellent service as part of the SCC Group in areas such as Infrastructure Incident, Change, Monitoring, Patch and Problem Management
- Create an atmosphere of innovation and continuous development. Work with the wider SCC teams to develop new services and enhance service delivery through process improvement and automation
- Work with stakeholders to align/develop business planning and objectives. Continue the integration of SCC Vietnam within the SCC Group through excellent relationships with the management and teams in the UK and Romania. This role will involve periodic travel to the UK
- Control the business P&L with support from the Group Finance team in the UK. Manage the recharge of services to the Group businesses in Europe
- Plan and develop the growth of our professional technical services and software development capabilities. Support the European teams with the take-on of new services to SCC customers
- Handle and develop the management of the new operation in Vietnam which will grow significantly year on year. Form strong and trusted relationships with local shared services partners and universities to aid in the growth of the business.
- Build and manage a strong local team that is a trusted, honest and open delivery partner in the SCC Services organisation. Delegate tasks to empower team members
- Obtain and retain local compliance with ISO 9000 and ISO27001 using the group management systems
- Ensure compliance with local and national laws and regulations, including labor laws and employment compliance
- Experience within an international IT business preferably delivering software development and infrastructure support services.
- Language skills fluency in English, verbal & written. French would be advantageous but not essential
- Leadership and management in a changing and growing environment
- Conversant with Service Level Agreements and Contract Service Descriptions
- Commercial understanding and experience of P&L management and preferably IT services cost/charging models
- Technology knowledge and experience in the areas of server/storage/network hardware and software support and software development approaches and methodologies
- ITIL aware and possibly accredited, any experience of working with Service Management toolsets such as BMC Remedy, ServiceNow. Training can be provided in these aspects
- Background in a technology business from start-up stage would be ideal
- Recruitment, mentoring and personal development of software developers and IT support staff
- Knowledge of ISO standards (9000 & 27001) and the use and adherence to management systems
- Effective stakeholder management and excellent communication skills at all levels
- Understanding of near/offshore business models
- Local understanding of operating a business in Ho Chi Minh City and Vietnam, labor laws and business compliance
(Speaking: Advanced -
Reading: Advanced -